Saturday 9 April 2011

Google Reader

As I'm halfway through reading Will Richardson's Blogs, Wikis and Podcasts - a book about Web 2.0 tools for the classroom - I've decided to follow his advice and set up Google Reader.  This is a space where I can set up RSS feeds for all the things I'm interested in.  The principle seems very straightforward.  Will says that you should check it daily for feeds of interest, to build a skill set in skim reading and finding what you're looking for.

So I've made a start, currently only following two feeds, one from Paul's E-learning blog and one to Emerging educational technology - a feed I found through using Google Reader's subscription search.

I've even gone so far as to add a star to a post I'd like to follow up later.  Next, I need to create some folders so that I can organise the feeds more intuitively.  I'll let you know how I get on!

No comments:

Post a Comment