Friday 9 September 2011

New term, new era

After busying myself over the summer preparing new workbooks for our workshop classes,  I had a shock this week to learn that I'm being redeployed to the campus to teach 16-19 years old.  I don't yet know what I'll be teaching them - other than 'IT', whether I'll have set classes, or be doing cover, or anything else.

This has put the cat amongst the pigeons so's to speak.  I have nothing prepared for these groups - nor could I since I don't know what I'll be teaching.

In the interim, I have been looking for some teenage friendly ICT icebreakers.  No joy from my tweet asking for resources, but my friends in ILT came up trumps with comicmaster and I'm thinking of being brave and trying Wallwisher (though I fear there may be consequences!).  I'll also try the old working with pairs to find out something unusual about your partner.

Now I've just got to see what happens next....!

No comments:

Post a Comment